Saturday, January 23, 2010

Price Chopper Shopping Trip

So yesterday I took my first shot at using my fabulous new coupon skills at Price Chopper. I didn’t do too poorly, considering I don’t usually plan a whole trip there because they are so pricey. I’m also relatively new to the game, so I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find any good deals. I had no need to be nervous.

What brought Price Chopper on my radar this week as a good place to go was the coupon that was in last Sunday’s Post-Standard- an $8 off $50 purchase. I thought, “Surely $50 won’t be hard to rack up in this store, especially with my n00b money-saving skills.” Well, let me say, I even impressed the husband, which is a feat in and of itself.

Because I wasn’t expecting to blog about it, I didn’t note where the coupons came from. Most of them were from my local Sunday paper, which I subscribe to. One definitely came from the January issue of All You. The rest came from the isave machine at the front of the store. The highlights of yesterday’s trip:



(2) Quilted Northern Soft & Strong 12 Double Rolls 2/$12
     $2 iSave Coupon
     (2) $1 Target Printable (manufacturers coupon, not Target)
               2 packages/$8 = $4 ea.

(2) Bags Tostitos Restaurant Style 13 oz Sale $3 Ea & (1) Jar Tostitos All Natural Chunky Salsa $3
     Buy 2 Bags Tostitos, Get 1 Jar Salsa/Dip FREE in store coupon
     $1 off WYB 1 Bag Tostitos and 1 Jar Tostitos Salsa/Dip (All You,
                                                                                            Jan ’09)
               2 bags + 1 salsa/$5 = $1.66 ea.

(2) Packages Marcal Small Steps Paper Towels 3 Roll $2.99 Ea.
     $2 off Marcal Small Steps Paper Towels 3 Rolls or more
     $1.50 off Marcal Small Steps Paper Towels 2 Rolls or more
               2 packages @$2.99Ea - $2- $1.50 = $1.24/package

There were more, but since these deals end today, I won’t continue to post them. I will, however, keep you posted on how next week’s deals do. Oh, and about that $8 off $50 coupon?

I walked to the register with $75 worth of groceries, but after coupons and AdvantageCard deals, it only came to $41.86. The $8 was only valid AFTER all the other coupons. Sadness. All in all, a good trip... and a good reminder to read the fine print before you bring a coupon to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment